Saturday, November 21, 2009

 

Icon: Clint Eastwood

"Do you believe in reincarnation?
[laughs] No.
So what happens to Clint Eastwood when Clint Eastwood's no longer here?
That's the end.

No heaven, no hell? Just end of story?
You know, I'm a show-me kind of guy. [laughs] I would love to...

I'm thinking that's another dream. Mankind has a lot of dreams, and one is immortality. Some religions advocate that if you believe, you'll live forever. That's fine. That'd be cool. But I don't know anyone that's ever happened to. [laughs]

But if you believe in reincarnation, you're putting too much on the other side. If you do believe in God, or you believe in some sort of creation, or you believe in evolution, you're given one shot at it. And you should do the best you can with that shot. And you should respect that. And I suppose you should be thankful that you've been given the ability to do certain things in life, and be appreciative, and move on. And not be greedy enough to want to stay around forever."



By Michael Hainey
Photograph by Martin Schoeller
GQ Man

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?